Thursday, June 20, 2013

Lessons from Tango

I didn't realize how much I like to be in control. In this type of dance, the desired outcome cannot be met unless the woman completely trusts her partner. I don't know how to let go and trust. As hard as it is to admit, I don't know how to let go and trust God. In dancing, a man's job is to make the woman look beautiful. But this can only be accomplished when the woman completely trusts that this is indeed what the man is doing. In life, it is Christ's job to make his Bride, the Church, look beautiful. But if she doesn't, it is solely a reflection of how little she trusts Christ. Lord, teach me how to let go and let you make me look beautiful. Teach me how to let go of this control that brings ugliness and more chaos to my life. I want to Tango this life with you. I want you; that everything else flows out of this trusting embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment