Friday, August 19, 2016

I said to the Lord I want more of Him and He said I don't really...

Last night before prayer meeting

Last night Alexa and I went to a prayer meeting. It was a powerful time of intercession. Before we began the corporate intercession, we had a personal devotional time. During my devotional time the Lord spoke to me. I said to Him: "Lord, I want more of you. I want and need so much of you. I need you always". Softly and gently, the Lord said: "Daughter, no,.. you don't. If you wanted more of me, you would have more of me."

These words were a dose of truth and love shot straight to my heart.


So many of us are concerned with giving more to the Lord and at the same time being worried about what is happening/not happening, what will/will not happen. We are always on the watch for the things that need to be done, the people we have to talk to, the things the Lord has given us to have responsibility over. But we forget about what we want and need the most. We also forget that when we started those things we were on fire for God. 


We want to secure our future but we forget that it is Him who secures our future. Do you remember that verse, Jeremiah 29:11? We love to quote it. We want to believe it. But we have done with this verse what we tend to do with many other verses: we completely get rid of context. We take the easier parts "I can do all things through Christ...." and we leave out the harder parts: "I know how to be brought low..." Here is some context for Jeremiah 29:11 and why it is so connected with our future:



 "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lordand I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile." Jeremiah 29:11-14


The "then" on the following verse does not imply that we will call upon the Lord only when He gives us that future.We know this to be true when keep reading the following verses: "I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes..." 



So, let's break this down:

First, it is not my job to worry about my future. The Lord already said His plans for me are for welfare and that He has a future and a hope for me.


Second, my job is to call upon Him and pray to Him. My whole life should be marked by my call for and relationship with the Lover of my Soul.


Third, I do not have to worry whether He will hear me or not because He already promised me He will.


Fourth, I will find Him when I seek Him with all my heart. So my job is not only to seek Him, but to seek Him with all my heart. Let me say something quick here. Your thoughts and actions are a reflection of what's in your heart. If you are not seeking the Lord and are seeking other things, those things occupy a bigger space in your heart than God Himself. If you truly wanted Him, you would seek Him... You know what I mean, seek Him instead of Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr or people...


Fifth, all of our fortunes will be restored when we seek Him and and find Him. Throughout the whole Love Story of the Bible, there are numerous of blessings that follow those who seek the Lord with all their hearts. But there are also many misfortunes for the ones who turn away from the Lord.


Why don't we get this? We are not like the Israelites back then. We have Holy Spirit living inside us and we have the privilege of having an amazing and vibrant relationship with GOD! Why do we still try to cut corners or change Biblical principles that will stand forever?



Seek the Lord. And seek Him today. Seek Him with all your heart.


"Come, everyone who thirsts, 
come to the waters;
and he who has no money,
    come, buy and eat!
Come, buy wine and milk
    without money and without price.

Why do you spend your money for that which is not bread,

    and your labor for that which does not satisfy?
Listen diligently to me, and eat what is good,
    and delight yourselves in rich food.

Incline your ear, and come to me;

    hear, that your soul may live;
and I will make with you an everlasting covenant,
    my steadfast, sure love for David.


“Seek the Lord while he may be found;

    call upon him while he is near;

let the wicked forsake his way,

    and the unrighteous man his thoughts;
let him return to the Lord, that he may have compassion on him,
    and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,

    neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth,

    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:1-3, 6-9

No comments:

Post a Comment