Wednesday, February 20, 2019

The Deception Lies


Have you ever been deceived? Ever believed something was true that was actually a complete lie?

Yep, it's happened to me.

When I was around 7 years old, my aunt sent me to the store by myself. This was uncommon, so I felt incredibly proud about it. I was purchasing a 2 liter soda. She gave me 100 pesos and I held unto them for dear life. I had an empty deposit bottle in one hand and the 100 pesos bill on the other hand. What I didn't know was that you were never supposed to let people see you with money in your hands. I did. I held unto one end of those 100 pesos and let the other end of the bill swing as I walked toward the store.

Someone saw me.

He said: "Hey! Say hello to your uncle!" I said: "Huh?" He said: "I'm your uncle. You don't remember me? I know your mom and dad". I said: "Ohhh, okay". Then he said: "I actually bought you a Barbie doll. It's right there." I said: "Where?" He pointed to a house where there was some construction being done. He then said: "Go, and tell them to give you your Barbie doll. I'll hold on to this while you go."

I was clueless. I agreed. I gave him the money and walked over. The construction men had no clue what I was talking about. I was so confused. I turned to tell my "uncle". But he was gone. I was confused all the more.

When I returned home, I told the story to my aunt. She told me I got robbed. But how could this be? It wasn't even on my radar! I didn't believe I got robbed until I thought about everything that had happened for a good long while.

As I reflect on this story, I can't help but think about the things we think are true that are actually not. I have been deceived so many times by the enemy. He's made me think untrue things I have believed to the degree that there seemed to not be another reality.

Have you ever thought about what you call "Reality"? Is it true that your life will always be this way? What about the people in your life? Is what you believe about them really true? The enemy is always looking after the gold in us just as the thief was looking after my 100 pesos. He speaks a lie to us and then all he needs is to create a distraction to then rob us.

Do not get distracted.

This is the season to cash in what is rightfully ours. Do not be deceived. Listen to the voice that speaks to you and make sure it is the Spirit of truth. I was alone when this happened to me. But we are never alone. Ask your Papa questions. Make sure you access your communication with your Helper and Counselor at all times. You're going to need it.

You're about to win so much more you ever imagined you could have at a time.

"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:2

No comments:

Post a Comment