Friday, October 20, 2017

The Great Love Fest

 Anthony Delanoix For Unplash

The last few weeks have been incredibly busy. I am sitting here trying to figure out how to write and publish a blog post in 30 minutes or less.

I have so much on my heart. The week of Awaken The Dawn was beyond what I could probably express in words. We were there-thousands of us representing every state. We rendered worship and prayer to our King together. That is the word: Together. It felt like we were more together than we had ever been.

It was like a big Jesus love fest; a huge family reunion. There are no words to describe how much of a connection Spirit-filled spirits can make without the use of many words. We would greet each other like long lost friends who are simply happy to see one another once again. We held each other’s hands, we prayed, we cried and we embraced pouring it all out, not knowing when it was the next time we’d lay eyes on one another.

Our worship times were filled with intense angelic activity. There is no doubt there was a rumbling in the spirit realm. Things were shaking. Things were moving. It was beyond shackles falling. It was the sound of entire empires crumbling. The Kingdom of Heaven was here, and no empire can withstand a united royal priesthood. At Awaken The Dawn, The Church became unshakable.

So many of us worshipping and praying to our Living God. So many of us loving one another and encouraging one another. I had many moments when my heart was so filled with literal bliss. I kept telling myself: "This is the way the true Church really is. This is the way heaven is gonna be like.” For a few days, we were a reflection of heaven. We saw in each others' eyes the way Jesus sees us, and then love happened.

I have no doubt that something incredible was conceived this weekend. It was like we went back to the beginning. We made it all about Him and about each other. We were whole the way we were always meant to be whole.

I was prayed for at least 10 times each day at ATD. Every word was an accurate and on-time word. Every hug, every look, every touch I received from every mother, every father, every brother, meant so very much to me. Awaken The Dawn was in many ways the gathering I had been searching for all of my life. It was my family. It was the family I knew I had somewhere. It was the bigest reunion.

And then just as my heart was filled with so much bliss, I would struggle thinking about the end. Why does it have to end? Can we not keep it going? My heart yearns for heaven with all passion. I yearn for heaven constantly. I seek it with all of me. I seek my Daddy and I seek my family. I need to be in communion with Him and her.

But then one of my sisters said to me: "But now we get to bring it back to wherever we’re going" And I said: “Oh... yeah, that's right.” It's always about the next. It's always about the lost. It's always about the one who hasn't heard the Good News. It's always about the one who hasn't partaken of the goodness of God, of His love, of His mercy. And I guess that's why we're all still here.

I forgot for a moment that this was not the end; that there are still many who have not heard and need to hear. That's why we're all here. That's why it's not time for any of us to go yet.

Awaken The Dawn was like heaven on earth. But what if the whole world was like heaven on earth? Can we do it? Can we possibly bring heaven wherever we go? I'm confident we can. Let's do it: Together 💛

No comments:

Post a Comment