Saturday, November 9, 2013

In the Now

In August it was very apparent that the Lord was getting ready to do something entirely new and exciting in my life. Little did I know this was going to mean that life as it was before was going to change dramatically. My roles of student, worker, friend, family member, you name it. All has dramatically changed. I simply cannot operate the way I used to. The significant lessons are primarily that I must be who I am at all times. I must not allow my circumstances or others' expectations of me to alter the way in which I want to deal with the circumstances in my life. The second big lesson is that there is simply no life plan. There is nothing ahead that should be more precious than what is in front of me right now. I cannot possibly want something I yet have more than something I have and I actually want. By being present and simply being a human being who honors God and her fellow bretheren in the now has made all the difference. I'm still working through some things but there is an incredible amount of freedom, peace and joy that comes with not knowing or worrying about tomorrow. Here is to living in the now folks. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment